Through our practice in Seven Kings we provide expert tooth sensitivity treatment to patients in Ilford and across Essex.
What Causes Tooth Sensitivity?
Do you feel a shooting pain in your teeth when eating or drinking something hot? Does the thought of biting into ice cream or a cold, hard apple make you wince? Sensitive teeth can be a burden for many people and can be caused by a variety of factors. It is important to seek advice from a dental professional so that the source of the problem can be identified and treated. There are several causes of sensitivity.
- Temporary pain can be experienced after tooth whitening procedures and is treated with over the counter painkillers.
- Dental erosion, or the loss of tooth enamel, can also cause sensitivity. Enamel is the hard outer coating of a tooth that protects the sensitive dentine underneath. If enamel is worn away or eroded, this dentine is exposed which can lead to pain and sensitivity, which can be worsened with extreme temperatures.
- Erosion can be caused by your diet (frequent consumption of high sugar or high acid food or drink), tooth brushing habits (brushing too hard), tooth grinding, certain medical conditions and eating disorders.
Sensitive Teeth Remedies, Ilford, Essex
For top tips on protecting your enamel and for effective treatment of tooth sensitivity, come to the practice for a check-up and we will create an individualised care plan for you. We have been providing effective sensitive teeth dental care to patients across Essex for many years.
- Being able to consume hot and cold drinks and food.
- Pain-free mouth.
- Reduced risk of further tooth wear.
Back to ServicesEmail US