Root Canal Dentistry: Essex Endodontics
Root canal treatment (also called endodontics) is necessary when the pulp inside your
tooth becomes infected through tooth decay or damaged by an injury to your mouth. This
infection may spread through the root canal system and could eventually lead to an
abscess, causing a great deal of discomfort. If root canal treatment is not carried out, the
tooth may need to be taken out.
Root Canal Therapy Procedure
Root canal therapy involves the following:
1. First, a local anaesthetic is administered to ensure no discomfort during
2. The tooth is prepared with a drill, allowing access to the root canal system.
3. The root canal system will be thoroughly cleaned out to remove all infection and
4. The root canal system is then filled and sealed temporarily with a crown.
5. The tooth is checked at a later visit and when all the infection has cleared, the
tooth is permanently filled.
Root canal treatment is a skilled and time-consuming procedure. Most courses of
treatment will involve two or more visits.
Emergency Root Canal Treatment in Essex
Our highly experienced team provides emergency root canal treatment to patients across
Essex. You’re welcome to contact us about our emergency endodontist services whether
you live in Seven Kings, Ilford, Stanford-le-Hope, or other nearby locations such as
Romford, Dagenham or Basildon.
Life Benefits of Root Canal Work
● Preservation of remaining healthy tooth structure
● Prevention of infection spreading any further
● Restoration of the tooth to its natural look and feel