Extractions/Oral Surgery, Essex
In cases of advanced gum disease and tooth decay, teeth may need to be extracted. Some patients may also develop impacted wisdom teeth, which can cause intense pain. This is alleviated by having them surgically removed. One area in which it is possible for dentists to specialise in is oral surgery, an umbrella term for all dental procedures involving surgery, such as the extraction of teeth or wisdom teeth. It is important to get the advice of a dental professional if you are worried about any of your teeth. Never attempt to pull out your own tooth at home as this could cause a more serious problem.
Tooth extractions typically involve the following:
- Before the procedure you may require an x-ray of your teeth.
- Depending on your particular case and the severity of your problem, you may be given a local anaesthetic and offered sedation if you are anxious.
- Dentists have the right equipment and sterile environment to extract teeth with the utmost care and your recovery can be surprisingly quick.
Wisdom Tooth Extractions
In the case of wisdom tooth extractions, you may have some swelling after the procedure and discomfort that can be eased with over-the-counter painkillers. In cases of advanced gum disease or periodontitis, antibiotics will be prescribed to reduce the risk of further infection.
Dental Surgery Experts, Ilford, Essex
Our expertise in dental surgery is available to patients across Essex. We deliver our care through our Seven Kings practice, serving people from Ilford, Romford, Dagenham, Basildon and locations across the county.
- Safe and sterile procedure.
- Quick recovery and healing time with reduced infection risk.
- Sustained good oral health.
Back to ServicesEmail US