In the earlier days, gum surgery was the only treatment option for the advanced periodontal disease. Laser Dentistry and Laser Gum Treatment have revolutionised the way patients receive dental treatment. Waterlase laser treatment will not only improve your dental experience but, give you a more comfortable and less painful treatment. It is so precise that your doctor is able to perform restorations to the teeth, gum, and bones without causing damage to surrounding areas in the mouth.
What is a Waterlase Laser?
A Waterlase laser is a modern dental tool that works by using water and air to target treatment areas. The traditional dental drills create pain and pressure that can even damage healthy teeth by creating cracks. The Waterlase laser allows for a gentle, comfortable and quick precision treatment
While the WaterLase uses a high-tech combination of YSGG (yttrium-scandium- gallium-garnet) laser energy and water to provide a more comfortable dental experience with lasting results..
It is beneficial over the traditional dental drills and surgery. Surgery required extensive downtime, bleeding and swelling. Many patients avoid treatment for their gum disease due to the associated anxiety over surgery. WaterLase is ideal as a non-surgical treatment for advanced gum disease.
Benefits of Laser Gum Treatment Using Waterlase
Laser Gum Treatment allows for quick, effective dental treatment with less pain and discomfort. Waterlase lasers don’t vibrate the teeth like metal drills. Therefore, many patients don’t need an anaesthesia before the treatment.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect with laser dentistry:
- Effective: The Waterlase is effective at removing decay and treating other hard tissue conditions.
- Gentle: It is gentle enough to treat soft tissue conditions like gum disease.
- Quick Recovery: Patients experience faster recovery times after treatment with laser dentistry tools compared to other options like metal drills or scalpels.
- More hygienic: Laser gum treatment sterilizes the teeth and gums as treatment is performed, something that metal drills and scalpels are unable to do.
- Safe: Laser gum treatment dentistry is safe.
- Precise treatment: Laser treatment with Waterlase allow for precise treatment. Thus, ensuring only the intended areas will be treated.
What are the treatments made using Waterlase Laser?
Laser gum treatment with Waterlase is used in the same hard tissue applications as traditional drills, such as the removal of tartar and tooth decay. It is also used on the soft tissues of the gums during gum contouring or periodontal disease treatments. The waterlase laser can be used for both cosmetic and general dentistry procedures.
With the Waterlase, your next dental visit doesn’t have to be painful. You can have quick, effective dental treatment in comfort. Schedule your next dental visit with Simplyteeth Essex.